- Monday, 12 February 2018
Request for Proposal for Developing a Video and Audio Spot
Tanzania Media Women's Association (TAMWA), is a membership, non-governmental, non-partisan and not-for-profit organization registered on 17th November 1987under the Societies Ordinance Cap 337 of 1954 with registration number (SO 6763). In 2004, the association complied with the 2002 NGO Act of the United Republic of Tanzania. In 2007, TAMWA was also registered in Zanzibar as TAMWA Zanzibar under Society Act No. 6 of 1995.
Over the last 30 years of media advocacy work, TAMWA, in collaboration with other like-minded organizations, has contributed variously to the perceived transformation of the Tanzanian society.
Currently TAMWA undertakes implementation of projects for Protection of young girls from early marriage and pregnancies through the use of media in Dodoma Region. Since 2017, TAMWA is receiving support of French Embassy of Tanzania. This project seeks to promote awareness among members of parliament, gender desk officers, and media practitioners based in Dodoma, to understand issues related to women and girls’ rights and take action to support enactment of stronger laws and policy formulation and implementation to safeguard the rights of women and girls.
As among of long time media tool for advocating women and children rights, TAMWA is looking for a consultant to develop Radio and TV spot on awareness on men’s role in combating early child marriage and raise awareness on gender based violence.
Objective of the consultancy
To design awareness on men’s role in combating early child marriage and raise awareness on gender based violence.
- Develop the audio and video spot overall concept and scenario.
- Develop the documentary script and storyboard to be used in the film.
- Present a draft spots produced TAMWA for validation
- Produce a final audio and video spots
The consultant will produce a spots and submit to TAMWA who will then share it with Media outlets for airing and different beneficiaries and stakeholders including Government as a tool for advocacy.
Required Qualifications and Experience
The consultant/consultancy firm will be required to have:
· Experience of not less than 2 years of working in similar field.
· Extensive experience in producing development work related to spots both radio and TV for national and international organizations with the aim of reaching both local and international audiences.
· Excellent technical capabilities (state of art filming equipment preferably high definition) to ensure smooth and high quality production.
· Experience in development communication will be an added advantage.
· All rights for the video/images are with TAMWA, however, in case the Spots maker has a chance of sharing the spots during other occasions this can be done once approved by TAMWA.
· Consultant ensures he/she is aware of TAMWA’S work, especially, regarding child marriage and agrees in supporting TAMWA’s vision.
· All participants and in particular in case children are involved in the filming – the parents need to give written consent that they are aware of the use of items and video created. The forms need to be submitted to the office pre filming.
· The Consultants shall bear all costs associated with the preparation and submission of the Proposal, TAMWA will in no case be responsible for those costs, regardless of the conduct or outcome of the solicitation.
Bids to be submitted in a sealed envelope, addressed to the TENDER COMMMITEE at the address below;
Tanzania Media Women Association, P .O BOX 8981, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Produced spots should be ready and submitted to TAMWA before 17th February 2018
The tender must be received at the address above not later than 12:30hrs on 17th February 2018. Failure to meet the Closing Date may result in the tender being void.